Wednesday, May 13, 2009

more from intimateinfinite.blogspot

Leah's week 12(x12=144)

So this past week I've been making 144 little saints. I've been drawing on the side, because sometimes the spirit moves me--and discovering that my work is all really based on the same things--mothering, but also fear of abandonment, which scared me a little when I realized my personal life was showing up in my artwork. Suddenly my it wasn't about making a coloring book any more.

Going the L'Accadamia on Thursday was a very much needed experience (Regan and John scolded me for not having gone before then.) So I can finally say I've seen the David, I fell in love with a sacred conversation (in which it looks like St. Agnes is holding a large rabbit), and I was influenced by the large sculpture hall.

I'm crossing my fingers that all goes as planned for Tuesday. I had alot of setback in terms of this project, but I've learned a ton about wax, which make me think of disappearing bees.

Anyway, I'm already excited about going back to Wash U next semester and continuing my work. Which is the best feeling and thing I have learned all semester--an excitement, not a fear, of what I'll create next. As my High School Musical Mug that I bought today says, "The future is a BIG PLACE!"

Ok! off to make more saints and clean up my space!

No comments:

Post a Comment