Wednesday, May 20, 2009

commission

hey there, my faithful readers.... (clears throat)

I've been working on a commission for a prayer card for a seminarian. I was working on it at Christmas time, but coming back, I knew I would have to start something different. so after a terrible thirty second sketch, I decided it was time to unscrew though oil paints again and start on a canvas.

And then there was Mary in a blue robe, with child Jesus and the priest offering the bread up to them, and Jesus is reaching out maybe in child like curiosity, but also knowing that this is his body, which is given up for all, and there is Mary, like she knew she was born to be the Mother of all, just sitting there, letting Jesus do his thing.

I'll upload a photo, but it's a few days old now.

No comments:

Post a Comment