Wednesday, May 13, 2009

more from ii.blogspot.

Leah's week 11:11 (make a wish!)

So this past week I've mostly been working on projects that I find to be really interesting: the 144 wax saint candles and the coloring book. I realize that these were both conceived of as drawing projects, but the more I think about it, it makes sense that they fit in with my theme sequence as well. Although they have little to do with pomegranates or beets, they both have to do with things I have been thinking about this whole semester in theme sequence: for the candles, light, the hand-made, saints/holiness, and for the coloring book, like John said, it's sort of like I'm putting myself in a position of educator/mother by creating this book. I've also had an appreciation for nature this whole time, and it makes perfect sense that I want to capture the beauty of the animals by studying them and drawing them for hours on end.

This week I plan to work on both of these projects, hopefully finishing the santini before the coloring book. I hope to have the santini done by Thursday, and leave the whole weekend for the coloring book.



From week 11


From week 11

From week 11

From week 11

From week 11

From week 11

From week 11

No comments:

Post a Comment