Friday, May 29, 2009

Camas and Commissions

So it's been such a good week. It was super nice having Bobby, Grace's boyfriend, here. He's really good to be with-- very easy to talk to, but it's not just surface conversation.

Anyway, as Bobby and I were building a slide for Will, Will ran away and Bobby said, "Hey! Where are you going?" And Will replied, "I'm going to get a cama!" (which of course is a "camera") And Bobby and I bust up laughing. a few minutes later, Will was back with a camera, and he documented the whole thing. He must have taken over 100 photos, but unfortunately, the "cama" wasn't working so well, and all of the photos turned out SUPER washed out.

However, Grace had an old digital camera, so last night she wrapped it up and gave it to him. Will was so excited. He ran around and took so many pictures. Before bed, but after brushing teeth, we uploaded them to the computer. I was SO excited because some of his photos were REALLY good! I'm not just saying that because he's four, and I'm not just saying that because I'm his older sister. I'm saying that because they are good.

In other news, I now have 11 commissions to work on this summer, and I'm so excited. I can basically make as much money painting this summer as working at safeway last summer. God is being way to good to me.

And the last bit of musings is that I'm really wondering if I'm bi-polar. I know I've wondered this before, but I really kind of think I am. I suppose I don't experience SUPER low lows or high highs, but I would say moderately high or low. Right now I'm manic, because every thing is going well, but give me till August, and I'll bet I'll be crying every day. Maybe this is what a lot of artists go through. But it's in my blood too, so, maybe...



This is St. John Vianney, one of my commissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment